- About Us
- Get Involved
- Educational Series
- Sponsorship Program
- Reading With Rescues
- Contact Us
How to Adopt a Rescued Horse
Adopting a rescue is a big responsibility and it is not to be taken lightly.
We rehabilitate all types of horses, from those with experience in the competition ring to those who have been feral most of their lives and just need a companion.
These horses have been through a very rough time and need a caring and loving individual who will do what is right by the horse. If you are such an individual please consider a rescue for your next horse. You will make a difference in a horses life.
1. Filling out a HER Adoption Application first speeds up the adoption process.
2. Pay $25 application fee so that we can begin the application process. To do this you may pay through pay pal, click on the donate tab on the website, or send it in via mail to 3805 High Street Winter Haven Fl 33881. This fee will come off of your adoption fee upon approval.
3. Come by and look at the horses. We require that you make a minimum of four visits before adopting. We try to make sure that the horse and person are a good match. We will also require you to ride the horse if the horse is ridable. That way we can confirm that you are capable of handling the horse and comfortable riding.
4. A facility inspection of the place where you will be keeping the horse must be done to ensure it is safe and acceptable for the horse.
5. Once the above steps have taken place and you are found to be a fitting adopter, you are ready to pick your horse up. At that time, you will sign the adoption contract and pay the adoption fee.
6. You’re done! It’s pretty easy.